General corporate functions applied to IT: budgeting, financial and contracts management, audit, compliance, human resources, training and development.
- Working independently within guidelines, implements procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet company standards.
- May have primary responsibility for organization’s change control activities.
- Designs software quality or change control plans and leads activities to ensure proper identification of defects.
- Consults with application development teams to plan and implement change control and testing strategies.
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future standards.
- Performs complex workflow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
- Successfully promotes IT best practices while balancing practical cultural and business dynamics.
- Conducts internal quality reviews ensuring compliance with established development methodologies.
- Performs research into advanced topics.
- Provides training and gives presentations on appropriate subjects.
- Understands SSIS package management and can troubleshoot SSIS packages.
- Capable of bundling multiple packages together and executing based on documentation.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2.
- May develop code and test cases when appropriate.