This position is primarily responsible for performing duties as a Senior QA Tester including coordinating the resources related to testing projects and reviewing output for quality; providing work direction for other testing staffs; distribution of workloads and mentoring other testing staff; can function as the test lead role on large scale projects or testing initiatives; developing and executing systems testing, training and trainer documentation of systems used by the company; providing system expertise on advanced and large-scale system changes. Review system procedures and changes to existing system procedures for application changes and enhancements. Consult with business unit staff to stay current with workflow processes, system processes, and to identify testing needs. Contacts include Enterprise employees at all levels as well as external vendors.
- Coordinates, and assigns work of testing staff to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner. Reviews output for quality.
- Provides work direction and prioritization for other testing staff, including managing workloads for assigned projects.
- Responsible for developing and executing complex test plans and test cases for Enterprise-wide applications and interfaces between internal and external systems as well as for processes to ensure functional quality processes
- Coordinates testing initiatives for assigned Enterprise projects, department projects and change requests (communication, providing subject matter and testing expertise, coordinating testing resources)
- Identify and retest defects relating to system changes, procedures, or workflows in regards to requirements or specifications.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining test management documentation and reports
- Responsible for ensuring the Project Portfolio Planning System is kept current for assigned testing initiatives
- Develops/creates and distributes periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Provides Test Automation Developer with test automation requirements in order to test software enhancements, modifications and new releases for quality and functionality
- Validate application test results to verify documented business requirements have been addressed and work appropriately.
- Responsible for following the SDLC process, specifically in areas that relate to testing
- Reviews, evaluates and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Investigates and tests potential changes or solutions for company-wide applications and processes.
- Functions as testing expert in reviewing business and system requirements.
- Develops documentation for testing tools and conducts training for same
- Responsible for providing accurate issue resolution for helpdesk requests and assigned call tickets.
- Maintains confidentiality of information processed as appropriate.
- Responsible for understanding, using and retaining the technical and business knowledge of the Enterprise for testing purposes.
- Responsible for creating and managing queries for use in test case generation for testing applications/programs, troubleshooting production problems and troubleshooting development issues