The BI Delivery Lead assigned to a delivery team or BI project is the primary leader responsible for developing the end-to-end technical solution that satisfies the defined business need. This technical leader provides multiple teams with specific direction throughout SDLC phases, removes barriers, and facilitates delivery of a quality the solution. The Delivery Lead also has overall project responsibility (along with a Business Lead) for delivery related activities such as project budget, cost management and delivering to requirements.
The Delivery Leader is also responsible for facilitating the assimilation of the technical solution into the BI/IT production support organizations including BI/IT readiness, knowledge transfer/turnover, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree in related IT field required.
- 4 – 6 years experience with SDLC methodologies, including RUP
- 3 – 4 years of project management experience including technical delivery, project management, and project leadership with predominance in the healthcare industry or in Business Intelligence.
- 5 – 8 years of experience supporting data warehousing, software applications or data marts.
- Demonstrated understanding and practice of Project Management Institute standards and terminology.
- Demonstrated successful interface with project governance through communications; reports; issue logs; budgets and projections; estimates and management to on time and on budget deliveries.
- Demonstrated successful management of project resources, business resources and approvals across divisions or departments.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with business sponsors and all levels of executives in a corporation.
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- High proficiency (expert-level) in the use of MS-Project.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills; willingness to keep all parties well informed of project status, changes and potential risks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills; demonstrated success on work teams.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply security and HIPAA standards.
- Experience with managing vendor relations.