The candidate must have the ability to design and implement solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at a high-level to meet the service levels associated with mission-critical Oracle-based solutions.
- Knowledge of database architecture and best practices for Oracle SQL and PL/SQL coding style and application tuning.
- Ability to direct the construction of packages, triggers and PL/SQL blocks in Oracle, as well as the Korn shells scripts that would be used to execute them.
- Excellent impact-analysis skills and discipline. Carefully analyzes the existing code base as part of each design effort, to avoid redundancy and inconsistency and maximize code reuse.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to quickly discern the most relevant facts and recommend the quickest, most practical and safest approach to resolving an issue with a program or database.
- Able to decompose and solve problems at the appropriate level within the system, keeping in mind the higher-level structures and their requirements and dependencies with adjoining subsystems.
- Strong logical/analytical skills with a keen ability to anticipate and avoid problems.
- Work well within a team environment, and have the will and the ability to succeed in an environment that includes offshore development. Frequent night and weekend work is required for offshore development management and assistance with scheduled code releases.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers and all levels of management, including communicating technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage several tasks at once.
- Clear understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and respective experience with its application in design and development phases
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices. The SME code must be worthy of being held up as an example for others to follow, in terms of readability, consistency, adherence to standards, and performance.
- Recognizes good opportunities for code reuse, and ensures that the code is designed and implemented accordingly.
- Ability to design, validate and execute software test plans.
- Strong listening skills; ability to capture requirements expressed in design meetings.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Developing negotiation and persuasion skills; ability to facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
Experience designing and developing marketing solutions (ERP, CRM, etc.) on large Oracle databases (preferably over 1TB)
- Experience in performance tuning, application monitoring and support of production applications
- Experience working with offshore teams preferred
- Experience writing technical specifications for work to be performed by other developers
- 7+ (Sr. SME) years of overall IT/software/marketing development experience
- 5+ (Sr. SME) years of recent and relevant experience as an Oracle developer or software engineer working on large-scale apps (ERP, CRM, etc.)
- Development experience in Oracle PL/SQL with good software methodology/practices. Good working knowledge of SQL Server preferred
- Development experience in Unix Korn shell scripting
- Experience in automotive marketing and/or CRM applications preferred
- Marketing tool experience mandatory (Address, M/P, Postal rules and regulations, etc)
- Candidate must have worked in an agency or agency type of business for 4+ years education requirements
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree (and/or 5 years equivalent work experience or specialized training) in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science (CS), Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- Oracle certifications a plus