The Tech evolution has seen a sea change over the past few years and the picture is going to change all the more for years to come. Mobile app development is one of the drops in the sea of technology and you will find some of the latest statistics and trends quite surprising. Let’s find out!
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai that there will be “an important shift from mobile-first world to an AI-first world.”
- In 2017, the total number of mobile apps worldwide is estimated to be about 197 billion. It is forecasted that by 2021 the number will reach 350 billion.
- Social media apps are the most used apps followed by Gaming, communication/messaging, and retail apps.
- Google Play is updated with more than 1300 new apps every day.
- US millennials are estimated to spend 3 hours 15 minutes on an average on their smartphones.
- Mobile Augmented Reality enabled apps are expected to reach a global market value of US$3.9 billion by 2020.
- About 90% of users are said to make at least one online payment through their mobile phone.
- Mobile advertising is expected to represent 72% of all U.S. digital ad spending by 2019.
- 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they are offered with a good mobile experience.
- About 70% of millennials aged between 18 and 39 use their mobile phones to research a particular product before purchasing.
- About 80% of smartphone people use at least 3 apps daily.
- 32% of users delete their apps because it remains unused, 26% users delete because those don’t fulfill their needs, and 25% deletes it due to lack of phone storage.
- Google Play has about 970,000 app publishers while App Store has over 498,000 publishers.
- There are over 20 million software developers worldwide out of which about 9 million are mobile app developers.
- About 38% of app developers recommend social media platforms for leveraging app marketing strategy and 28% suggests paid advertising.
- According to the Cisco VNI Global Mobile Forecast, cloud apps are touted to drive 90% of total mobile data traffic by 2019 globally. Mobile cloud traffic will increase in 11 times with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 60%.
- AR and VR are expected to make overall revenue of $150 by the year 2020.
- According to an HP study, about 71% of apps have access to the external storage of your smartphones and about 95% of apps include logging methods that get stored in the phone’s cache.
Sources: MarketingProfs, Statista, NewGenApps, Marketing Land, Hubspot, RapidOps, Forbes, Dotcom Infoway, Business of Apps.