In the coming years, more and more companies will be depending on cloud applications and solutions. Cloud service providers have become the need of the hour for providing better customer experience and data security. The impact of cloud services is huge in this fiercely competitive market. Enlisted below are some of the latest statistics that proves the importance of cloud application development.
- In the coming years, more and more organizations will spend about 80% of IT budgets on cloud solutions.
- Cloud users are running applications in an average of 1.8 public clouds.
- The global public cloud market is growing at more than 22% rate and the number will increase in the coming years.
- 60–70% of all software, services and technology spending will be cloud-based by 2020.
- About 6.5% of Warehouse Management System users are currently in the cloud. The number is expected to increase to 35.4% by 2020.
- Cloud computing expenditure has been growing at the rate of 4.5 times since 2009 and is expected to grow at better than 6 times the rate of IT spending from 2015 through 2020.
- Spending on IT-as-a-Service for data centers, software and services is expected to be about $550 billion by the end of 2018.
- Annual global spend on public Cloud services is expected to increase at a 19.4% compound annual growth rate and reach $141 billion by 2019. This rate of growth is predicted to be six times greater than the increase in overall IT spending in the same period.
- Gartner has predicted Cloud adoption to increase significantly over the next four years with Cloud deployment of software gradually becoming the default. It is expected by 2020 a corporate no-cloud policy will become as rare as a no-internet policy is today.
- 41% of businesses are planning to increase their investment in Cloud technologies, with 51% of big and midsize companies planning to increase spend compared to only 35% of smaller firms.
- Gartner predicts that Cloud Application Services (SaaS) spending is expected to grow from 46,331 million dollars in 2017 to 75,734 million dollars in 2020.
- Enterprise cloud adoption has grown to 31% from 13% dated back in 2015.
- About 46% enterprises are integrating cloud APIs for databases, messenger systems, and storage systems and trends are increasing rapidly for other integrations too.
- In 2017, about 65% of data centre traffic is cloud-based. By 2019, it is projected that this traffic will increase to 83%.
- By 2018, an estimated 56% of all workflows will be in the cloud.
- According to research firm IDC, worldwide spending on public cloud services could double from almost $70 billion in 2015 to more than $141 billion in 2019.
Sources: Rightscale, Forbes, Gartner, Insight, Apiumhub, Kloudville
To avail the best cloud application development in Michigan click here.