The growing demand for the cloud computing services has led to extreme competition among the service providers. Now, the cloud computing providers in Southeast Michigan are ever willing to help your organization and the resources move on to the cloud rather smoothly. However, to make sure that you have invested on the right service provider and to make your cloud experience really great, you need to check for the following technical features in the provider.
- Many cloud storage services will provide you with the syncing feature, but very few will allow you to automatically sync your files. A service with this feature will update your files to reflect any edits that you might have made.
- To be sure that your data is safe you should ensure that the company encrypts your data before it leaves your servers. To be on the safer side, it is better and advisable that you go with a company that allows you to pick your own encryption key. This prevents even the company employees to view your files. Additionally, the service should be such that allows protection of your files with a password especially at the time of accessing your files from a mobile device.
- If you can’t access your business files whenever required, you waste both your precious time and your valuable money. To solve the problem as fast as possible, you should go for a cloud storage service with an absolutely trusted and reliable support system.
- To have an easy time reaching the support desk, the service provider should have many channels of accessing the desk. In addition to the usual email and phone support, the service provider should also provide the live chat feature where you get to “talk” with the company representative one-on-one.
- File versioning enables you to edit your documents without worrying about losing the original document. While there are many cloud storage service providers that offer the service, most of these service providers allow you a limited number of versions. Others will simply delete the old files after a given point of time.
Now, apart from looking for the above features and benefits, you need to make the cloud experts understand your precise requirements. Once they have had a thorough understanding of the entire organization and its expected journey to the cloud, they will be better able to guide you in the right direction.